DEAD SEA WORKSHOP
11 days – 9th to 19th of February 2018
We will do some trips in the desert to find inspiration for the works shapes and to collect material (clay, full of potassium and silica) to make glazes.
Impossible to miss bathes in the Dead Sea and trips to Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Jaffa…
February 9th :
Arrival in Tel AvivDirect transfer by shuttle from the airport to the hotel.
Appointment in the lobby of “Sadot Hotel Ben Gurion” (4 stars)
Rooms are available from 2 pm
Let us know your arrival time.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Travel to the Dead Sea.
Stops in the desert to take pictures for the inspiration of the works
Arrival to the accommodation
Visit of the studio
Preparatory work (sketches, drawings of future works).
A full working day in the studio on developing shapes according to sketches.
Trip to Jerusalem all day
A full working day in the studio: dried pieces cleaning and finishing, making small plates or cups, small enough to dry during the day – bisque firing.
A full working day : in the morning, collecting clay in the desert ; in the afternoon, clay preparation (cleaning and others) to use as a glaze.
Trip to Jaffa all day : Mythologic site, visit of ceramics shops, ceramics supplier and Beniamini center
A full glazing day in the studio – high temperature firing
Last Dead Sea Bath (During the stay, we will have the opportunity to go to the beach during the free time)
Kiln opening and discussion on the results
Departure for Tel Aviv – museum visits
Hotel Sadot Ben Gurion “
Breakfast at the hotel –
Direct transfer by shuttle to the airport.
+ annual membership fee : 15€
The rate includes :
- Hotel 4 stars (2 nights)
- Accommodation (shared rooms – kitchen – wifi)
- All meals from 10 to 19*, except lunch on excursion days.
- Studio using, material, teaching, firings
- Excursions: transport, museums tickets
* 19th, breakfast is included. If your flight is late, other meals are at your own charge.
Rate does not include :
- The meal(s), the arrival day (9 February) and the departure day (except breakfast on the 19th)
- Lunches, the excursion’s days
- Refreshments and various personal acquisitions during the excursion’s days and in the residency
- Flight ticket (this is a low season period so flights are at very low rates)